Today we bring to your attention a celebrity named Ritchie Valens who is well known for his work in the field of music as he was a recognized American singer as well as a guitarist and songwriter.
Ritchie Valens is also considered to be the father of Rock & Roll and was the founder of the movement called China Rock. However, despite having a successful career in every regard, Ritchie Valens fell victim to a cruel fate when after 8 months of gaining popularity, he died in the plane crash.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Richard Steven Venezuela
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Ritchie Valens was a handsome man considering the time and era when he started his career. He was only 17 years old when he reached the peak of his industry and was thus regarded as a teen heartthrob among the ladies. Coupling his mesmerizing dreamy looks with his charming voice, he was a double threat for the ladies.
- Back in 1985 the owner of a recording company called Del-Fi Records; Mr Bob Kean took an interest in the voice of Ritchie Valens and was quick to sign him right after he gave his first audition at the recording studio. Mr Bob Kean was the one who gives Ritchie the idea to change his name to a shorter nickname of Ritchie Valens.
- Ritchie Valens completed his first recording in the Gold Star Studios and the songs were sent to the public in an album which was named Ritchie Valens – The Lost Tapes. The publishing company of this record was Del-Fi Records. This album had 2 very renowned tracks of its time titled “Ritchie’s Blues” and the other one titled “Donna”. One song in the album titled “La Bamba” went on to be a major hit too.
- He left his schooling back in 1958 in order to polish his talented voice and Bob Kean was the promoter he was looking for in his endeavor. Bob Kean got him not only record deals but also programmers and music shows. Throughout his short career, Ritchie Valens performed those 8 months doing shows on stage and TV. He made a brief appearance in the TV show titled “American Bandstand” which performed its shows in cities of New York, Philadelphia and Hawaii.
- During that era, Ritchie Valens was regarded as the most well-known star and also the youngest when he was only about 17 years of age. His fame even caused Alan Freed to ask him to come aboard his film titled “Go Johnny Go” in which he offered Ritchie Valens a minor role.
- Back in the mid of 1959, Ritchie Valens was called over to Midwestern America where he was offered a role in the Winter Dance part Tour. He participated in that Tour which went on to perform several of musical acts that featured many other artists as well. Many of the artists in that Tour got ill but Ritchie kept on being strong to perform the shows as well as he could. He also did the job of a drummer on this very tour.
Date of Birth:-
13th May 1941
- The actor only completed his Junior High School education at Pacoima Junior High School where he was learning to embrace his passion for music. His father was a big supporter of his son’s passion and he also was the one that stayed with him when Ritchie Valens decided to learn to play the trumpet and guitar.
- Despite Ritchie Valens being a left-hander, he quickly learned to play the guitar at the age of 16. He went on to join a band as their lead guitarist “The Silhouettes” and then their vocalist.
- Although the artist never won any major musical awards in his short life, he was still inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame back in 2001.
The actor could not do much in his life as he died in a plane crash back in 1959 when he was only 17 years old. Still, in the short time span of 8 months in which he performed many shows as well as Tours, Ritchie Valens went on to earn a net worth that was about 500 thousand dollars.
Considering the inflation this money would very well be in the millions and it is a monumental feat for an artist during that era to earn that much through his sheer talent.
Ritchie Valens was born and raised in Pacoima, Pasadena, which he left at the age of 16 years in order to find his place in the world of Rock & Roll. After that, there was no one place for the young artist could call as home as he was always on the move.
There is nothing much to go on about the family details of Ritchie Valens as the artist never motioned them in any of his shows except his father. Neither did he married in his life t even have children.
Joseph Steven Valenzuela
He did not have any at all.
The actor was only 17 years of age when his plane crashed in Iowa and he did not have any particular love interest to which he could marry. At the time of his death, he also did not have any girlfriends.
He did have one girlfriend back in the days when he was in school whose name was Donna Ludwig. She is the same girl on which the artist made his song Donna, which went on to be a big hit.